Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Must Be Dreaming

Niners Win!!!  Niners are 3-1!!!  49ers beat Eagles!!! 

Humor me, it's been a long time since I could actually type that out loud.  I am pretty happy.  But two caveats:

1.  Just because he didn't put up any picks today and made two touchdown passes, Alex Smith is not a good quarterback and had no business starting in the NFL, unless it's for the Cowboys (sorry Jimmy), Rams, Cardinals or Seahawks (sorry Joe).

2.  I don't buy that the Eagles are for real this year.  Vick is behaving himself and saying the right words (for now) but lets see what happens when the Eagles fans turn on him.  And you know they will.  This isn't even about the dog murder.  This is about his temper.  And we all know he has one (cuz he tortured dogs to death.  No, I'm not over it.  That's a special kind of broken).  You remember him flipping his own fans the bird in Atlanta.    And their defense can't be any good if the Niners offense can score on them.

So I will take the win, and be pretty estatic about it.  I'm just not counting on much more.  I have to wake up sometime!

And who else just loves that Detroit is 4-0?  I am always pulling for the underdog (I learned this by being a Dodgers fan for over 40 years, and a Niners fan for 35) and Detroit is the feel good story of the season.  Go Lions!  I thank you for beating the Cowgirls today. 

And I don't care who says what.  Tony Romo is not an elite quarterback.  Not in Fantasy, not in Real Life.  He's good, but he's not great.  And I'm not convinced that he has what it takes to be great. 

I miss Peyton Manning.  And always will.

Al Michaels seems a bit bitter about the rules and how they have been interpreted this season.  C'mon Al.  Zebras are people too. 

Mark Sanchez is having a bad day.  A seriously bad day.  I think it has more to do with the Ravens defense (which is totally kicking butt for my fantasy team tonight!) than the lack of Mangold in the O-line.

Houston is playing good football!  They are for real for sure!  Owen Daniels is my highest producing TE.  Dallas Clark is still my fav, but the numbers just aren't there, yet. 

Once the Colts settle down with a QB for the season I think the offense will start producing.  Says the lady with most of the Indy WR and RB on her teams and would trade just about anyone for Dallas Clark...

Except Wes Welker.  He's the only Patriot I can even stomach, and I love him a lot.  I will trade anyone on my rosters for Wes.  He is a fantasy hero and just tore off some major yards today!

How are your teams (Fantasy and Fav) doing???

No comments:

Post a Comment