Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fantasy Football Begins!

One of the reasons I started this blog is because everyone (and I do mean EVERYONE) I know is way, way tired of hearing about my fanstasy football teams.

And not just the teams. My draft drama, player ups and downs, lineup woes, bye-week bitches, and the list goes on and on (and on and on and...).

I love football and I love fantasy football. I don't play live fantasy (refer back to how EVERYONE I know is tired of my fantasy football). It's not like those hilarious
nfl.com commercials (I'll take Housemazilli!) (You'll take who we give you!). I played one season in a public league on-line and have been lucky to be invited to play in private on-line leagues with a very fun group of people for the past two seasons.

Now, I've never met these folks and most probably never will, but we do have fun during the season. Jibes and jokes pass back and forth on the sites and it's all in good fun. No one takes it seriously (at least I hope not!) and it doesn't get out of hand.

This blog will be my place to whine and cheer and anything else I need to do to get the fanstasy football out of my system before I talk to actual live people.

I'm in 3 leagues on
nfl.com so far and my join another at ESPN. It doesn't take a lot of time but I live and die on the waiver wire.

The drafts are in August. I've never participated in a 'live' draft (where you pick your own players one at a time in turn) but will try to do it this season.

So check back. This will be a fun (at least for me) place to talk about my teams without watching my friends eyes glaze over...

No comments:

Post a Comment