Monday, October 26, 2009

I'm Baaaack!

Wow, what a ride!  Between my husband getting sick and then the swine flu (complete with little corkscrew tail!) landing in the middle of my chest I haven't even come up for air in weeks!  Add studying for my professional registration (exam is this afternoon, wish me luck!) on top of it all and it equals an absent Granny!

Life is good, though, and Jim and I are both mending nicely.  Still have that cough, and Jim's flu turned into bronchitis (everything goes right to his chest) and mine is brewing into a nice little sinus infection (everything gives me a sinus infection!). 

The hardest part of all of these cooties is not seeing my babies.  I hadn't seen any of my babies in over 3 weeks, which is absolutely the longest I've gone without cuddling a grandkid, any grandkid, since 5 minutes after Jay was born 3 years ago!

Jay turned 3 on the 13th and, of course, I called him and sang Happy Birthday to him.  He just giggled.  Then one day last week I called him and he said 'Hi G-ma, whatcha doin?' I told him I was watching baseball, and he says 'me too, but I'm eating peanut butter!'  Then he hands the phone to my daughter in law and yells 'bye G-ma!  I love you!!!!'  Needless to say, I cried.

Sabrina wanted to bring the boys over yesterday, but with my last big push of studying and her youngest, Connor, being sick, we kinda postponed that.  Maybe everyone can come over this weekend!!!  That would be great!!!

Rest assured all you fantasy football freaks (that's you Mike), Granny will be back in top form for next weeks' games! 

Oh, and Susan, Mike didn't find me.  He tricked you to get the reward.  See how he is???  Must be all that Purple Haze...

1 comment:

  1. Very sorry to hear about you both being sick. Will keep you in prayer. Hoping you get well soon so your wonderful Granny and get back to writing her great take on fantasy football. Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete