Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Different Fantasy Formats

Thanks to Susan, I've had the opportunity to play in five different leagues in three formats.  Here are my thoughts on the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (so we need some Sergio Leone spaghetti western music here):

The good:  As usual, NFL.com and ESPN rocked with their ease of use, excellent interfaces and quick availability of info. 

The bad:  Five teams is too many.  For me at least.  WAY too many!  I couldn't keep track of who I had started and who was sitting and it drove me nuts (ok, I'm already nuts) while I was watching the games. 

The ugly (other than my w/l stats!):  The Yahoo format.  I just didn't like it.  Now, that may very well be because it wasn't familiar to me, but I didn't enjoy it at all.  The look, feel and ease of use just didn't do it for me, to the point I just left it and didn't really pay much attention.  Of course, this may also be because I 1) didn't have time for all the leagues and 2) seem kinda sucessful with that team!

So what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Finally, your comments on playing in the different leagues. How exciting to hear your comments on the different sites for playing fantasy football. I so "HATE" playing in the Yahoo site as well!!! For years I've been told how great Yahoo was for playing fantasy football. It was the best site ever I was told. Yeah, I think it SINKS and can't wait for the season to end there. The format is awful and terrible to get around in. My goodness even hard to see what your bench players are doing in Yahoo. How in the world do they rank their players in the add and drop??? Talk about confusing! I thought several times myself of not going back in there to play but, didn't want to be a quitter as I hate it when others do so and make it easy for the others to have a easy win. I only joined Yahoo as I had other members still wanting to play against me and the other leagues were full. I played in seven leagues last year and had a blast. The only good thing that came from playing in so many leagues is it increased my chances of going to the playoffs which I did in five out of the seven and won. This year I was only going to play in three but, found myself in five, still better then seven. Next year I'm commited to playing only in four leagues and no more then that! Three in NFL.com (my favorite site for fantasy football) and 1 ESPN league that I'm currently playing in. I was glad to see you had written three blogs that would take me away from the sadness I've been going thru. Like the saying goes, You got to have rain to enjoy the rainbow. Reading your blogs make me laugh as well as smile by the funny but often true comments you make on football. I just hope everyone else takes the time to read and enjoy them as well. May you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely agree about YAHOO. I will never play fantasy football at their site again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked my team each week but really didn't do much with it, moved my existing players around a bit when necessary. But during the bye weeks I went without a kicker one week and a RB another because it wasn't as quick and easy to go to the waivers and get someone to fill the holes. Again, this could be because I am overloaded in life and didn't take the time to get familiar, but Yahoo didn't really make it easy on me, either!

    ReplyDelete