Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Random thoughts on Week 1

Week 1 is in the books and boy, did I enjoy every minute!  Especially the NINERS WIN!!!!  Now that's how to start a season!  My guys were the ONLY team to beat one of last season's Super Bowl teams!  Uh huh!  (Granny is bouncing around her office doing a dance that would embarass her children!)  Playoffs here we come!!!  YEAH!!! 

Back to the real world...  For all the smack I talked in the fantasy leagues I got creamed.  Seriously.  I won a couple of games but, overall, not so good for me!  I apparently talk more stuff than my guys can produce on the field...

Is Tom Terrific really back?  Or did Buffalo finally tire out?

How cool was it to see Terrell Owens drop passes? 

Thank you San Diego for pulling out that last minute TD.  Won me $50 bucks in the pool at the country club.  And I can't stand the Raiders.  Al Davis is the George Steinbrenner of football.  No, wait.  Jerry Jones is the George Steinbrenner.  So that makes Al Davis, hmmmmm, the DEVIL!!!!

Total bummer about Uhrlacher.  The Bears D without a total meat eater at middle linebacker?  Can't happen!  Singletary looks like he could still break some necks, but he's busy this week...

Jay Cutler just crashed and burned.  I hope he improves, just to shut the Denver fans up.  Not that I blame them, but enough already, huh?

And Brett.  I don't care how well he played (the Vikes fan in the office next to mine does, though!) it's unacceptable to see him in purple.  Really.  My youngest daughter is considering a ceremonial jersey burning (after her new Rodgers jersey is delivered).

Well, gotta hit the waivers and see if I can find real players to replace the duds on some of my teams! 

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed as always. Smack talking is fun even if you don't win. Yeah, feel the same way you do about finding replacements for the duds on my teams that were ranked top fantasy players for the 2009 season. Question Granny: Would you drop Larry Johnson or trade him? I knew not to draft him, did so anyway. Any thoughts Granny?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Can't really use Larry Johnson as trade bait unless he produces, and then why trade him? That's a real Catch-22.

    I know some folks who actually draft trade bait. I have a hard enough time picking players I want to keep!

    ReplyDelete